– Media Briefing to Discuss How Digital Technology Solutions Continue to Shape the Future of Oral Health Care
– Booth Highlights Include the Latest Supply Chain, Clinical, Technology, and Business Solutions for Helping Practitioners and Laboratory Technicians to Operate More Successfully and Deliver Quality Patient Care
– ‘Meet the Experts’ Lectures on Current Topics Such as Hygiene, Laser, and Digital Workflow
– Daily Schedule of #ScheinChats, a Social Media Series Exclusively Available Via Facebook Featuring Industry Leaders, Including Henry Schein Chairman & CEO Stanley M. Bergman
MELVILLE, N.Y., March 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Henry Schein, Inc., (Nasdaq: HSIC) today announced that it will showcase the latest in digital health care solutions designed for the changing needs of oral health professionals at the 37th International Dental Show (IDS). The company’s presence at the show includes a rich line-up of activities promoting technological advances in dentistry and insights from thought leaders.
The show will be held at the Koelnmesse, Messeplatz 1, in Cologne, Germany, from March 21 to 25, 2017.
“Today more than ever, health care practitioners require digital solutions for managing successful businesses and delivering quality patient care,” said Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Henry Schein, Inc. “Our customers rely on Henry Schein for trusted advice and innovative health care solutions to drive their success – from a comprehensive selection of products delivered at the right time, to the education, training, and support needed to optimize the latest technology, to the clinical innovations needed for leading-edge patient care. We look forward to meeting with IDS attendees and identifying the solutions that best fit their individual needs.”
To kick off the show, Henry Schein will present Rely on Us – Oral Health Solutions in the Digital Age, a media briefing and panel discussion that will take place on Tuesday, March 21, 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. CET in the Room Offenbachsaal, Congress-Centrum East of Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany. Mr. Bergman will open the briefing with a presentation about how the oral health market has been, and will be, changed by the interoperability of digital technologies. Mr. Bergman will be followed by two executives from Henry Schein: Dr. René Willi, President, Global Dental Surgical Group, and Vincent Junod, Vice President, EMEA Dental Group – DACH Region and Dental Lab/Global Prosthetic Solutions, who will offer their perspective on the supply chain, clinical, technology, and business solutions customers rely on to run an efficient practice. In addition, Prof. Dr. Florian Beuer, MME, Director of the Division for Dental Prosthetics, Functional Science and Geriatric Medicine, Center for Oral Sciences, Charité Universitätsmedizin in Berlin, will address how technology continuously shapes the future of oral health care.
Throughout the show, Henry Schein will once again host #ScheinChats, the company’s signature social media series that features discussions between Team Schein Members and key industry leaders addressing topics such as the integration of oral health with total health, laser dentistry, and advice for starting a practice. Among the broadcasts will be a conversation about the new definition of oral health between Mr. Bergman and Dr. Patrick Hescot, President of FDI World Dental Federation, scheduled for Thursday, March 23. For those who are unable to attend in person, visit Henry Schein Dental’s Facebook page to watch the livestream: https://www.facebook.com/
Rely on Us Solutions Showcase
“Henry Schein’s expert knowledge of the health care market makes it possible for the company to anticipate change and develop solutions that help customers navigate today’s rapidly changing marketplace,” said Mr. Bergman. “As trusted advisors to our customers, representatives from the Henry Schein International Dental Group, along with Henry Schein Dental Germany, will be available to demonstrate solutions across the spectrum of products, services, technology, and support.”
At the company’s main booth (Hall 10.2/Aisle 48/49), Henry Schein Dental Germany will display a full spectrum of solutions, from consumables to the latest in digital technology:
- Dentists and laboratory technicians interested in digital workflow are encouraged to visit the Henry Schein booth to learn about ConnectDental, Henry Schein’s platform for digital dentistry, which combines a wide choice of digital technology solutions with all the knowledge, service, and support needed to help practitioners best integrate these solutions. In addition, the booth will feature new products introduced under the ConnectDental umbrella.
- For emerging and next-generation oral health practitioners, Henry Schein Dental Germany will present dent.talents, a customized program for those interested in opening their own practice now or in the future. Additional information about dent.talents is available at www.denttalents.de.
- “Meet the Experts” is a new feature in which key opinion leaders and experts in oral health will provide brief presentations answering some of today’s hot topics. They include: “Getting Started with CEREC: Why and How?”, “Diversity of the Laser System”, and “Water at the Treatment Unit: Clean and Safe Without Chemicals.”
- In the field of hygiene, Henry Schein offers solutions and new products for effective hygiene management within the practice. The focus this year is water treatment solutions and Henry Schein will feature BacTerminator® Dental, the new filling system for existing bottle systems.
Henry Schein International’s presence (Hall 4.2/Aisle K070, L079, K080 and L081) will feature the latest digital innovations, including intraoral scanners, milling and printing devices and materials, cone beam 3D imaging, practice management systems, and a wide selection of digital dental laboratory solutions. Henry Schein specialists will be on hand to demonstrate how these technologies can be successfully integrated into a patient-centric workflow – all backed by the critical support, services, and education needed for success.
About Henry Schein, Inc.
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC) is the world’s largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners. The company also serves dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, and other alternate care sites. A Fortune 500® Company and a member of the S&P 500® and Nasdaq 100® Indexes, Henry Schein employs more than 21,000 Team Schein Members and serves more than one million customers.
The company offers a comprehensive selection of products and services, including value-added solutions for operating efficient practices and delivering high-quality care. Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 120,000 branded products and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 180,000 additional products available as special-order items. The company also offers its customers exclusive, innovative technology solutions, including practice management software and e-commerce solutions, as well as a broad range of financial services.
Headquartered in Melville, N.Y., Henry Schein has operations or affiliates in 33 countries. The company’s sales reached a record $11.6 billion in 2016, and have grown at a compound annual rate of approximately 15 percent since Henry Schein became a public company in 1995. For more information, visit the Henry Schein website at www.henryschein.com.